In the vast expanse of Starfield, where a galaxy teems with countless items waiting to be collected, knowing how to efficiently store items on your ship in Starfield is essential. Fortunately, every intrepid space explorer is equipped with their very own starship, and within its hull lies a solution to your storage woes – the Cargo Hold. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to ensure you can continue your galactic adventures without being weighed down by the need to store items on your ship in Starfield.
Getting Acquainted with Your Starship
Before we delve into the nitty-gritty of how to efficiently store items on your ship, let’s take a moment to appreciate the marvel that is your starship. In the vast expanse of Starfield, where a galaxy teems with countless items waiting to be collected, knowing how to efficiently store items on your ship in Starfield is essential. Aside from its ability to soar through the cosmos, it offers a practical Cargo Hold, an invaluable asset for every spacefaring adventurer, significantly expanding your carrying capacity.
How to Store Items on Your Ship in Starfield
Storing items in your ship’s Cargo Hold is a straightforward process, provided you follow these simple steps:
- Board Your Ship: First and foremost, make your way to your starship. It’s your portal to the stars and your storage solution.
- Open Your Inventory: While inside your ship, open your inventory by pressing the ‘I’ key (for keyboard users) or ‘LB’ (for controller users).
- Access the Cargo Hold: Now, it’s time to switch over to the Cargo Hold view. To do this, press ‘Q’ on your keyboard or ‘LB’ on your controller. This action will display a list of all the items currently inside your ship.
- Prepare for Storage: To initiate the process of depositing items in the Ship Cargo Hold, press ‘Q’ or ‘LB’ once more. This will open your inventory to transfer items to the Cargo Hold.
- Select and Store: Highlight the items you wish to store, and then press ‘E’ on your keyboard or ‘A’ on your controller. Voilà! The selected items will be seamlessly transferred to your ship’s Cargo Hold.
Remember, you don’t necessarily need to use the terminal near the Captain’s chair to access your ship’s inventory, allowing you to store items on your ship in Starfield; it’s merely an option, and you can perform the same item transfers directly from your inventory.
Understanding Your Ship’s Limitations
While the allure of limitless storage within our starships beckons, it’s imperative to grasp the concept of their inherent limitations, exemplified by the Mass Limit, when embarking on the endeavor to efficiently store items on your ship in Starfield, all while ensuring it remains unburdened and ready for interstellar exploration.
In the expansive universe of this game, mastering how to store items on your ship in Starfield is crucial; each starship boasts a unique carry weight limit, and you have the option to enhance this limit by upgrading your ship, tailoring it to your specific preferences, whether you prioritize combat or cargo hauling.
However, even with the most capacious cargo hold, there’s no way you can carry everything you collect from every planet you visit, so it’s crucial to know how to efficiently store items on your ship in Starfield; to prevent your ship from becoming a floating junkyard, make it a habit to offload excess items at a reputable vendor planetside whenever you explore a new system, ensuring a well-organized inventory for your next interstellar adventure.
Remember, the galaxy is vast, and your ship’s Cargo Hold is your trusty companion in navigating its infinite treasures. Happy exploring, fellow spacefarers!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Is there a limit to how many items I can store in my ship’s Cargo Hold?
Yes, each ship has a Mass Limit, which serves as its maximum carry weight. You can increase this limit through ship upgrades.
2. Can I access my ship’s inventory from the Cargo Hold panel?
Yes, you can view items in the Cargo Hold from the Ship Menu, but you cannot transfer items in this view.
3. How do I access my ship’s inventory from within the ship?
You can open your inventory while standing inside your ship and switch to the Cargo Hold view by pressing ‘Q’ (PC) or ‘LB’ (Xbox).
4. Are there physical Cargo Holds on some ships that I can interact with?
Yes, some ships have physical Cargo Holds that can be accessed directly on the ship.
5. What should I do when my ship’s mass limit is exceeded?
Regularly offload excess items to a vendor on a planet to keep your ship’s inventory manageable.